New Edexcel B GCSE Geography

Creating a new course together...

Controlled Assessment -2013 - tourism honeypots

Hello,

we are doing the title

Tourism ‘honeypots’ create significant challenges in National Parks and / or other rural areas.

We are going to the Ashdown Forest and looking at the management of the park and the honeypot area of Winnie the Pooh - Hartfield.

plan is to look at different users, erosion of footpaths, management of the area,  traffic. 

It is the first rural project we have done as before we have stuck with urban areas.  Does anyone have any suggestions of things we should endeavour to do?

thank you

Views: 862

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Rebekah
Hope the planning is going well for your visit - we are doing the same title. It may help you to have a look at the attached student data collection booklet that we used when we went to the Peak District - Grindsbrook, Bakewell, Hathersage etc.

Please do send me back any questions, I have tried to get the students to use some methods that move beyond the traditional data collected to allow them to innovate and produce variety.

If it is pof interest let me know and I can provide you with the "write up" guide that I have given students since they began the controlled phase.

Regards

Matt

Attachments:

Hello Matt. I am doing the Honeypots question but in a different are (Dartmoor) and we are struggling to break down the question into manageable chunks. Especially to get the wider context. Would it be possible for me to have a look at your write up booklet becuase we are really struggling? I would be eternally greatful.
Regards

Robin

Hi Robin - see the attached document - the second or third page gives some suggestions for students for choosing enquiry questions that break downb the overall title into chunks. Should you want I can also post an example of a student intro that received full marks so you can see how this translates into a real piece of work.

Robin Bray said:

Hello Matt. I am doing the Honeypots question but in a different are (Dartmoor) and we are struggling to break down the question into manageable chunks. Especially to get the wider context. Would it be possible for me to have a look at your write up booklet becuase we are really struggling? I would be eternally greatful.
Regards

Robin

Attachments:

Thank you matt you are a star! What I have drafted out is along similar lines. I will post it when I have edited it! Thank you sooooo much from me and my students.

Hi Matt,

I am an NQT and the only geography teacher in the school, I have never done controlled assessments before.  Have you got an example a C grade and an A grade controlled assessment that you could post please?  Marking is one of the elements I find difficult to know if I am doing it right or not.

Best,

Becky

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Jon Wolton.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service