New Edexcel B GCSE Geography

Creating a new course together...

As I have stated on another thread, I have started teaching new Spec B to Year 9 - last term did the plate tectonics bit etc. - very similar to last Spec so resources in place (and I happen to be writing this chapter for one of the textbooks so have that as well).

Next I am doing People and the Biosphere (again, I am writing this chapter, so have that at least as a guide).

But not sure what to do after that. Anyone done / doing any other topics and have developed resources etc to go with it, that would be fantastic [unfortunately obviously I can't share my resources as they are copyrighted].

Considering going with the Development Dynamics SoW on Edexcel website... see http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/GCSE/Geography-B/... 

Anyone done this already and can give any feedback on how well it worked?

Views: 2131

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have now finished teaching Component 3 - we started it in Y9. We used the Edexcel SoW, the green OUP textbook and two Pumpkin DVDs about energy. We used the two SAMs papers and example DME in the text book for assessments, but it was a bit annoying that the markscheme in the book isn't the same as on the real papers. It seemed to go OK.

Moving onto Component 2 next - trying to get my head round the fieldwork. Will start separate discussion on this.

So far, we've taught:

Topic 4 - UK evolving Physical Landscape

Topic 4b - River processes and pressures

Topic 5 - UK evolving Human Landscape (Case study after 1/2 term)

Damian Gray said:

So far, we've taught:

Topic 4 - UK evolving Physical Landscape

Topic 4b - River processes and pressures

Topic 5 - UK evolving Human Landscape (Case study after 1/2 term)

Do you have any resources that you are willing to share for the evolving human landscape?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Jon Wolton.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service